Watsons Caravans Media Page
Check out our facebook page Check out our youtube channel
Watsons Wins Industry Award of Excellence
Why More Australians Are Buying
Caravans or Motorhomes and Hitting
Reasons behind the recent boom of camping and caravan holiday
trends in Australia
The economic reports say that the motorhome holiday and camping are emerging as the
booming sector in the sphere of Australian tourism. Moreover, during the last five years, this
industry is growing at a rate of 8% to 10% per annum having its net worth around $6.5 billion
from approx. 620,000 individual motorhome or caravan tourists. As per on March 2012, there
were 330,000 registered Recreational Vehicles (RVs) and around 80,000 caravan tourists
travelling in different parts of Australia. Now, the question arises that what makes people so
interested about this new way of travelling instead of going the conventional way?
Here we will find out the reasons why more Australians are buying caravans or campers or
1. No advance tour planning: The moment you get your holiday application approved at
office, you can pack your caravan and set for exploring the unknown paths.
2. No agents’ fees or advance accommodation booking: You don’t have to worry about the
peak season ‘No Vacancy’ signboards. You can stay anywhere at any time.
3. Get rid of those mammoth weights: That is the worst part before you set out for a long
holiday. With a caravan you don’t have to bear the weight of those overweight backpacks, yet
you can carry everything you need on a tour.
4. Home away from home: You love your bed, blanket, pillow and the dinner plate.
Don’t worry! You can travel across countries carrying your home in your little caravan or
motorhome. You may also bring your bicycle.
5. Comfortable long winter vacation: This is especially beneficial if you want to fill the
chill of some of the coldest places on earth. You will not run out of your energy resources
and can enjoy your stay as long as you wish without getting frozen.
6. Independent movement: That is probably the most prominent reason behind the
popularity of camping tourism. Nobody will decide your tour itinerary; you are the one to
choose where to go, how long and where to stay.
7. Travel with family and pets: Sometimes, it’s hard to travel alone. Caravan touring gives
you the opportunity to travel with your aged granny or with your beloved dog. Nothing is
8. Visit remote areas without any tension: So what the area is far from the localities? There
is nothing more adventurous than discovering an untraded path. Camp your caravan and
search for the unknown spots around.
9. Insurance: Why wasting so much money on travel insurance policies when you can insure
your own vehicle cum hotel cum restaurant cum home at the same time?
10. Safe to leave in the evening: Camp the motorhome, lock it from outside and go for a
refreshing evening walk. In the middle of a rain forest, no one will break into your vehicle.
Watsons Win National Award